Poc Tectal Race Spin Helmet
Based in Sweden, POC says its mission is to “do the best we can to possibly save lives and to reduce the consequences of accidents for gravity sports athletes and cyclists.” With the Tectal SPIN, that credo shines through with a number of specific safety designs.
- Fully wrapped unibody construction: Polycarbonate covers the outside of the reinforced liner, providing structural integrity. This allows the use of lower-density EPS, saving weight while adding protection against sharp objects.
- SPIN pads: These patent-pending silicone pads reduce impact from oblique forces to the head. It’s POC’s in-house version of MIPS.
- Aramid bridge technology: Aramid (polymer) struts are integrated into the liner to add structural integrity
- RECCO reflector: This aids in search-and-rescue missions where the RECCO system is present.
- Designed to provide more coverage at temples and back of the head.
- Goggle retainer
- Size adjustment system.
- Adjustable visor.
- Recco reflector.